Medical bills are racking up, and the injuries may prevent you from working, resulting in lost wages. All of this is then piled on top of the stress and pain of your injuries. Working with an experienced personal injury attorney can help relieve some of this tension. Joshua Maurer at Maurer Law is available to be your personal injury attorney in Spokane, WA. He will help you file a claim and fight for the appropriate compensation to address your financial stressors brought on by this incident.
Joshua Maurer has been handling these types of cases for more than three decades and has worked on a variety of personal injury cases, from brain injuries and neurological damage to wrongful death. If you believe you may have a personal injury case, contact the office at 509-838-9111, and he will evaluate your case.
Get Your Just Compensation
If you or somebody that matters to you has been injured due to the actions of another individual or entity, contact Maurer Law today. Our qualified team is here for your needs and ready to investigate every aspect of this case so we can obtain compensation for what’s rightfully yours—compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Loss of enjoyment
- Pain and suffering
- And much more
What Are Personal Injury Claims?
A personal injury claim is a case in which an individual or plaintiff has been injured or harmed due to the negligence of another individual or business. In these cases, a person may seek compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. A key part of these lawsuits is proving that the defendant was responsible due to negligence or otherwise.
Examples of cases that would qualify for a personal injury claim include slip and fall accidents, dog bites, and wrongful death suits. In each of these cases, you may notice that the accident and the following injuries could have been avoided had the responsible party taken the proper precautions to ensure the other’s safety.
If you believe you may have a personal injury claim, contact the office of Maurer Law and allow Joshua Maurer to be your chosen personal injury attorney in Spokane, WA.
Common Types of Personal Injury Claims
Here at Maurer Law, we stand side-by-side with our clients and their families when their lives are suddenly and permanently changed due to a personal injury far out of their control.
Maurer Law helps Spokane residents file personal injury claims in the following areas:
- Dog Bites — There are about 30 to 35 fatal dog attacks per year, and many victims of dog bites are children. Despite these disturbing facts, only one-third of those suffering a dog bite ever receive compensation for their injuries.
- Car accidents — Most people do not understand how much a car accident changes their life. Inattentive and impaired drivers who cause crashes on Oregon roads need to be held accountable.
- Slip-and-fall accidents — Whether they’re caused by a property owner’s negligence toward the maintenance of their property or a structure that was not constructed and maintained up to code, slip-and-fall accidents can not only leave victims with permanent aches and pains but can oftentimes lead to wrongful death.
- And many more personal injury situations, including brain injuries, spinal injuries, and defective product cases.
Personal injury claims also involve:
- Wrongful death — In the most severe cases, practically any personal injury can lead to an unfortunate, wrongful death.
Is There a Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Cases in Washington?
A statute of limitations is the amount of time after an event that a person or persons has to initiate legal proceedings. After the allotted time has passed, the party cannot be held legally liable for any wrongdoings. The main reason for a statute of limitations is to protect a defendant from unfair legal action. As years pass, potential witnesses’ memories may fade, and valuable information can be lost, which can affect the outcomes of the case.
In Washington, the statute of limitations on personal injury claims is three (3) years from the date you were injured or diagnosed with the injury. That’s why it is vital to bring a potential claim to a personal injury lawyer in Spokane, WA, right away for an evaluation. This ensures our team can collect sufficient evidence right away and improve your chances of receiving compensation.
Are There Any Exceptions to the Statute of Limitations?
There are some limitations to the statute of limitations set forth in Washington, including:
- The injured person was of unsound mind or was a minor at the time of the incident. The statute of limitations will begin once the minor has turned 18 or the person has been declared stable.
- The injury was not found right away but was discovered later on. The statute of limitations will begin after the date the injury was diagnosed.
- The case is against a municipality, a local government entity. In these cases, the statute of limitations is shorter, only 90 days. You must also appear for a hearing and medical exam after filing your claim.
If it is past the initial statute of limitations, but you believe your claim may fall into one of these categories, contact the office right away to request Joshua Maurer to evaluate your case.
Contact Maurer Law Today for Your Free Consultation with a Personal Injury Attorney
Whether you have recently suffered from a dog bite incident or one of your loved ones was a victim of an unfortunate car crash, Joshua Maurer can be your personal injury attorney in Spokane, WA. Maurer Law will fight for you and help you build a strong case to ensure that you are able to receive the compensation that you deserve.