Dog Bite Attorneys in Spokane, WA
Dogs have had a long-standing and cherished place within the family unit here in the United States. According to recent estimates, there are almost 90 million pet dogs within the US. And, in the United States alone, 850,000 victims (many of which are children) annually receive medical treatment for an injury received from being bitten by a dog. Additionally, there are between 30 to 35 fatal dog attacks per year. As you can see, dog bites are a serious issue—even here in the Pacific Northwest. That’s why, if you or someone you love was the recent victim of a dog bite incident, then you may want to consider the services of a dog bite attorney in Spokane, WA.
Despite these disturbing facts, only one-third of those suffering a dog bite ever receive compensation for their injuries. Joshua Maurer of Maurer Law wants to be your dog bite lawyer in Spokane, WA, so that no disruptive dog bite incident goes uncompensated. As your legal advocate in the case, Joshua Maurer will help build and argue your case in order to try and secure the best outcome possible for you and your loved ones.
If you're in need of a dog bite attorney in Spokane, WA, feel free to call Maurer Law at 509-838-9111 to discuss your case.
Understanding Dog Bite Laws
Dog bite incidents in Washington fall under a number of specific laws and regulations, the minutiae of which can often vary between municipalities. Generally, under Washington State law, there is strict liability for the owner of any dog that, without provocation, bites a person who is lawfully in a public or private place.
It is also important to note that in Washington, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is three (3) years from the date of injury. If you have not settled your claim or filed suit within the three (3) year time frame, you will be forever barred from recovering any damages from this claim.
Accordingly, understanding the laws and regulations that apply to your case is a necessity to ensure that you have the strongest argument possible. Consulting with a dog bite lawyer in Spokane, WA, at Maurer Law could be what you need to make your case.
What to Do in the Event of a Dog Bite Incident
In the event that you or someone you love is bitten by a dog, there are a number of things you should do to ensure that you can receive just compensation for any harm done during the incident. They are as follows:
- Seek Out Medical Attention: Even seemingly minor bites can lead to infection without timely treatment, so seek out medical attention immediately after the bite has occurred.
- Identify the Dog and Its Owner: Information about the dog and its owner will be crucial for your legal case. Ask for the owner's information and note the dog's breed and size.
- Document the Scene: Though experiencing a dog bite is a painful experience, taking a moment to snap a few pictures of the dog, the incident location, and your injuries will help solidify your case.
- Ask for Witness Information: Witness testimony and information will also help your case as it will provide an alibi for your side of the dog bite incident.
- Report the Incident: You'll also want to contact your local animal control services to ensure that there is an official report of the dog bite.
- Consult with a Dog Bite Attorney: Once you're ready to seek out compensation for your troubles, a dog bite attorney will help talk you through and manage your case.
Of course, your personal health and safety should always take precedence over the other points. If the injury is severe, have a trusted loved one or someone nearby gather information and evidence while you receive the care that you need. Once you are cared for and treated, a dog bite lawyer here at Maurer Law can help you solidify your case.
What Compensation Is Available for Dog Bite Claims?
The end outcome and type of compensation that victims of dog bites typically receive varies on numerous factors that can be utterly unique to each individual case. Most commonly, the types of compensation that are achieved with the assistance of a dog bite attorney in Spokane, WA, include:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Lost wages and future earning capabilities
- Emotional distress and counseling expenses
- Compensation for pain and suffering caused
About Maurer Law —Your Dog Bite Attorneys
Joshua Maurer is an advocate for injured victims and their families, as well as your trusted dog bite attorney in Spokane, WA. For countless years, he has sought justice for victims involved in a wide range of incidents, including pet-related incidents such as dog bites. As his client, you can expect to be fully informed about every detail of the ongoings of your case and treated with the respect that you deserve.
Ask For Your Free Case Evaluation Today
When it comes to dog bite incidents—as with any legal case—timeliness is crucial. If you or a loved one has recently suffered from a biting incident and are in need of a dog bite lawyer in Spokane, WA, don't hesitate to reach out for assistance from Maurer Law Firm.
You may reach out by phone at 509-838-9111 to discuss your case or by getting in touch with us through our simple online form. We look forward to helping you make the strongest case possible and obtaining your just compensation.