Have You or a Loved One Suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury?
Occurring in a matter of seconds, a brain injury can catastrophically affect someone’s life forever. Recovery can require months, years, or even a lifetime to achieve. Moreover, traumatic brain injuries can emotionally and financially devastate a family. Though what the future holds may be uncertain, a brain injury attorney in Spokane, WA, could be the strong advocate that you need to receive compensation that at least begins to help you and your loved ones recover from such a traumatic incident.
Here at Maurer Law, we know how hard this process can be—especially when you are trying to recover from your injuries or take care of a loved one who is. Under the leadership of our very own Joshua Maurer, Maurer Law is here to help you navigate your claim if you need us. We will gather information, take over communication with insurance companies, negotiate, and provide settlement guidance throughout the entire process.
If you or someone you love has recently undergone a traumatic brain injury, then give our brain injury attorney in Spokane, WA, a call today at 509-838-9111. We are proud to have helped many victims who have suffered traumatic brain injuries receive the fair compensation they are due.
Understanding Your Brain Injury Claim
It is important to note that in Washington, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is three (3) years from the date of injury. If you have not settled your claim or filed suit within the three (3) year time frame, you will be forever barred from recovering any damages from this claim. This means that the sooner you are ready and able to pursue your claim, the better.
What Can Cause a Brain Injury?
Traumatic brain injuries occur when the brain collides with the skull during a sudden impact. This can result in a bruise, bleeding, or even a tear in the brain tissue. There are three categories of brain injuries that are important to recognize so you can receive the proper treatment and seek the deserved compensation.
- When the brain is injured by being compressed between two opposing forces, this can lead to a crushing injury.
- When an object directly impacts the brain, this is known as a penetrating injury.
- When the head is jerked quickly in one direction, and the brain is injured internally, this results in a closed head injury.
Closed head injuries are the most common form of injury and also the least diagnosed since they do not always provide outward signs of injury on the skull. Regardless of which kind of brain injury you or a loved one has had to learn to live with, a brain injury attorney in Spokane, WA, is here to help.
What to Do Following a Traumatic Brain Injury
If you or a family member has suffered a traumatic brain injury and another party was responsible, you may seek compensation for your injuries. Following a traumatic brain injury, you may have trouble returning to work, extensive medical and rehabilitation expenses, life-long impairments, and personality and mood changes. While a settlement cannot return what you have lost, it can ease your treatment moving forward.
After your traumatic brain injury and when you are able to do so, you can follow these steps to file a claim:
- Visit a doctor: Before you do anything else, ensure you are safe and your TBI is stable. Your doctor can also provide you with medical reports that Mr. Maurer can use to build your case.
- File a police report (if applicable): If the TBI was caused by a car accident, it’s important to ensure a police report is filed so it can be used for your case.
- Contact a brain injury attorney: Contact our office as soon as you can. We can get to work on your case right away while the information is fresh. Our team can look for evidence for your case so you can focus on your recovery.
- Bring relevant documents and information to our team: While building your case, continue to bring any relevant information or documents to our team.
When it comes to filing a claim for your brain injury, our team works hard so that you can focus on your health.
What Compensation Is Available for Brain Injury Claims?
As you can imagine or are unfortunately well aware of, brain injuries can result in extensive and expensive medical treatments, rehabilitation, and therapies. Furthermore, the pain and suffering caused by a traumatic brain injury alone is a challenge to cope with. As such, we strive to obtain the compensation you deserve for:
- Medical, rehabilitation, and therapeutical costs
- Wages lost from an absence of/from work
- Experienced and future pain and suffering
- Psychological treatment costs
It's one of our primary goals to get you the highest amount of compensation for your troubles to ensure that you receive all the resources you need to help return a degree of normalcy back into your life.
Schedule Your Free Consultation With Maurer Law Today!
In brain injury lawsuits, as in any other legal case, it is imperative to file a claim and begin the process as soon as possible. Joshua Maurer of Maurer Law is here to be your strongest advocate if you or a loved one is ready to pursue a recent traumatic brain injury claim and would like the support of a brain injury attorney in Spokane, WA.
Contact our office at 509-838-9111 during regular business hours to arrange your free case evaluation. You may also use our easy-to-use contact form to get in touch with us. We are eager to present your case and secure the just recompense you deserve.